Tuesday 22 January 2013

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

Shade Cashew Beige - £33.00

Now I'm going to be honest I'm a little bit of a foundation whore, I am forever flitting between different ones, I like various foundations for various reasons and occasions.
I first came across this foundation when a work colleague lent me hers to try and despite been 20 shades too light for me (slight exaggeration) I fell in love with it! So a quick trip to Space NK followed..

But for some reason I just couldn't get it to work for me and I was really disappointed as it isn't a drugstore foundation, its the most I've ever spent on one and it just got left out of my everyday routine, I maybe used it once a week on lazy days (stupid I know) and this carried on for about a month.

Then I decided as part of my new years resolution to make better use of my make up before buying new supplies so I forced myself to use it... and I tell you what I bloody love it!
Its a medium to heavy coverage with a slight luminous finish -it makes you look really healthy, to be fair I think it would give a more glowing appearance but I do use a mattifying primer. You only need the slightest amount as it is so highly pigmented, which is where I think It was going wrong for me before. I buff it into the skin lightly with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush for the best finish, I even think I'm going to buy another tube a shade down for when I'm not as tanned! 
All in all my new favourite foundation!

Bye for now 

Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment